Sunday, October 6, 2013

Speech Critique (Prompt 5)


I think my attention getter was a very effective way to start my speech. The freshman 15 is something that mostly everyone has heard of and is a very serious threat for some freshmen. It drew the attention of a lot of people in the class and was a good way to start a speech about a gym, which is the most effective way to keep the extra weight off. I think I covered all of the points of my speech that were included on my outline. I got to everything that I wanted to include, and I feel like I did not exceed the time limit. I think I did a good job maintaining eye contact with the audience. There were a few instances when I would look away from the audience to check my note cards or look at a slide on my presentation, but other than that I felt like I had good eye contact. I feel like I could have transitioned between my main points better. It seemed like I jumped from one point to another and there was no flow between them. I also could have spoken more clearly. There were very noticeable points when I would stutter or not pronounce my words as clearly as I could have. I feel like it would have been easier to understand parts of my speech if I had spoken better. I could have elaborated more on my research plan. I used a broad statement to say that I would try to interview more people, instead of saying any specifics, like whom I would specifically try to interview or how I would go about doing it. I felt like my clincher was weak compared to the rest of my speech. It was not a good way to conclude my presentation, and I thought I could have made a better one if I had prepared more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment