Sunday, September 29, 2013

Why the Johnson Center? Prompt 4


Since many people are skeptical of others, I’ll need to prove why the Johnson Center is a worthy place for me to study, using ethos, logos, and pathos.

Ethos will be expressed by my many trips to the Johnson Center to educate myself about all of the different cultures that are found inside of it. I’ll tell how I utilized the facilities at the gym and introduced myself to fellow students and workers at the Johnson Center.

I will demonstrate logos by explaining all of the different opportunities the Johnson Center offers, including the indoor and outdoor facilities, free fitness classes, and the new technology that the Johnson Center has. I’ll explain what the facilities are, what is entailed in each fitness class, and the thousands of dollars the Johnson Center spent on new equipment and technology.

Pathos will be shown in my speech by my body language, language, and using methods to engage the audience. I’ll ask questions that almost everyone will respond to, such as “Who is afraid of the freshman fifteen?” I want to keep the audience interested so they can hear what I have to say.

I think my strategies will be effective because everyone is interested in staying in shape, and the Johnson Center is the best way to do it on campus. I believe keeping the audience engaged will keep them interested in my speech and why the Johnson Center is a great place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment